Liposuction or simply lipo is a cosmetic surgery that is operated to remove excess fat from body. People find it a quick and reliable technique to get rid of round body or shape. There are areas in our body, mostly lower abdominal region that does not respond to a fat reduction on exercise or diet and refuses to give up that place.
It is demotivating for those who are trying to be better with their physical appearance by changing their lifestyle, regular exercise and healthy diet plan but still failing to see positive result for weightloss regime. Liposuction is the procedure that suctions out the excess fat in order to change the body shape.
Following techniques are used for liposuction –
- Tumescent liposuction – A solution is injected in the target area by with necessary medication to minimize the blood loss by shrinking capillaries and also in the numb area. Then fat is suctioned through a vacuum tube.
- Laser-assisted liposuction – Use of laser energy to remove the fat cells. The healing process is easier.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction – Use of sound wave energy to break the fatty cells, tissues to ensure easy and stress-free fat removal surgery.
- Power assisted liposuction – A tool is used to cut the fatty cells.
Liposuction is performed only on those who have contained excess fat in their body and who have good skin elasticity. That person should also needs to be physically and mentally healthy for positive result of liposuction.
Guidelines to maintain liposuction results
- Maintain stable weight through regular exercise even after fat removal. If you gain weight after liposuction, body stores the fat in other locations and it changes the body shape.
- Drink plenty of water throughout a day and stay hydrated with fruits and vegetables. Have less salt in food and add starchy carbs and lean proteins in the diet.
- Never skip meals. That reduces metabolism and increases fat storing enzymes. Eat healthy food and have a proper schedule of lunch and dinner. Take a good breakfast to kick-start your day to increases metabolism.
- Avoid cold drinks and sugary liquids. Sugar will throw plenty of energy and if it is not used, the extra energy will convert into fat.
- Be mentally stable and healthy. Avoid stressful work, which is a major factor of weight gain. Stress can lead to food craving and stress eating and binge eating can lead to higher level of insulin increasing fat storage. Stay positive, calm, and composed and be happy.
- After liposuction, follow the proper medical instructions provided by experts. Follow the cosmetic expert instructions and take advice from time to time.
- After surgery, it is compulsory to wear a compression garment that reduces swelling and helps the body adjust to the new shape.
After all, continue to have the active, healthy lifestyle to be in proper shape for long time. Food and exercise regime matter a lot to keep fat maintained. Have a look at your calories intake and keep your diet plan under your watch. Health is not a one-time investment; there must be a consistent and committed routine to maintain extra calories and excess fat.