Nowadays, more and more people are caring about sleeping, which is a vital part in one person’s life. Therefore, people don’t only care about what should or shouldn’t do to have a good night’s sleep, you should also pay attention to the most close friend. It helps you to have sweet dreams and it’s pillow.
Just like the pillowcase, pillow plays an important role as the protection of your sleep as well as your health. We have some best pillows for side sleeper which you can also check. Here are some tips for cleaning the pillow and also, we offer some advices about when you should buy a new one.
- How to wash the pillow?
When it comes to washing pillow, maybe a laundry is what you are thinking of. It’s where many people come to have a clean and fragrant pillow. However, the main method of this kind of store is using chemicals, which help remove dust faster and easier. You’ll be very happy since you might have a clean pillow with just a little money. But you have no idea about its quality, is it truly clean and safe as you are thinking of?
We highly recommend you to wash the pillow yourself, by doing several steps below:
- The first thing you need to know is whatever you wash by hand or by washing machine, you need to use hot water (not warm water) since hot water helps to remove dust and bacteria faster without using bleach.
- Soaking pillow in soapy water
- You don’t need to rub it strongly, just stir, agitate and squeeze the pillow slightly, hot soapy water will clean the dirt.
- After that, rinse the pillow thoroughly with water several times, when it comes to the last time, use fabric softener to bring the sweet smell.
- Do not twist pillow to dry it, you should press it gently instead and use absorbent towels to absorb water, then put it into the dryer if you have one.
- Finally, dry it under the sunlight and later on, you’ll have a good night’s sleep with the freshened pillow.
Note: If you have a pillow, which is made of feather, after washing you have eliminated some of the hairs, which are created to make the pillow softer. With a synthetic pillow, washing many times will make the pillow shrunk. Thus, you should clean the pillow one or two times per year. Moreover, to keep your pillow clean longer, you should dry it once a week under the sunlight and at the same time to get rid of dust.
When you should replace a new pillow?
You should fold it in a half until almost the air let out, if the pillow won’t back to their shape, it’s time to replace it. However, if it backs to their shape immediately and it doesn’t have the unsavory smell, just keep using it. You can also check best top 10 product reviews here too.